Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 11

here we go again...day 11. i began by waking up around 8am in my hostel in manchester, and then proceeded to gather my luggage and make the short walk to manchester piccadilly train station. from there i took the train to crewe and then on to chester where i got off and dropped of my big backpack at chester backpackers hostel so i could walk around more freely. i spent a good 2 and a half hours in chester doing first an ipod walking tour, then getting some lunch at mcdonalds before making my way back to the chester hostel to get my backpack, and get back to the train station. i then took a train back to crewe, then to birmingham new street then on to gloucester where i got off. right on cue, it started raining as soon as i exited the station. i decided to take cover and try to wait it out, and to my surprise, it did after about 15 minutes. with the sun starting to come back out i made my way to gloucester cathedral which is famous for many reasons, but most importantly for being the filming location for many scenes throughout the harry potter movies. so that was very cool walking around there and recognizing all those places. i got a buncha pictures before making my way back to the train station. i proceeded to board the train around 6pm to get back to london. unfortunately, during the weekend is when they do any needed maintenance on trains and the tracks so about 1/3 of the way to london we had to get off and take a bus for the next third. after getting off the bus at Reading, i got on my final train to london paddington station. i got off, made my way to the tube station, and took the tube back to pimlico. I picked up some food at a small grocery store on my walk back to the astor victoria youth hostel. once i checked in i took a shower immediately, and now i am here in the kitchen typing my blog while surrounded by about 10 people who are speaking/singing/yelling in spanish and french. soooo i think that means it is time for me to go to sleep. early wake up call tomorrow. Goodnight!!! ps check out the pics from the last 3 days!


me and the york minster



view from the tower of the york minster



inside the minster



me and some lambs (on my bike ride)



bike ride continued



lonely road



lake district countryside



more countryside



windermere



on my day tour of the lake district



more countryside



aira force waterfall



me at "surprise view" overlooking derwent water and bassenthwaite lake



baa baa black sheep



some duckies



honister pass



honister pass again



me in front of castlerigg stone circle



castlerigg stone circle again



eastgate street in the city of chester



me in chester



chester cathedral



gloucester cathedral



gloucester cathedral courtyard



me and the cloister



cloister hallway (aka hogwarts hallway)

1 comment:

  1. I liked the pictures of the sheep and ducks :)

    And of course, the "Hogwarts Hallway"
    Only 9 more days until the movie!!!

    ReplyDelete