Sunday, July 12, 2009

day 18

ok sooo...another day down. This one has been relatively nice and easy. i got to sleep around 11 last night (after the banjo, violin, and guitar players stopped playing right next to my bed). I still ended up with 9 hours of sleep which i needed. at around 8:50am i got on my coach right around the corner from my hostel for my day tour of wicklow mountains and glendalough. Our first stop was the town of dalkey which is right on the east coast of ireland and had many upper class homes. From there we made our way to the town of glendalough which is in the mountains between 2 lakes. first thing i did there was get a hamburger (not from mcdonalds). Then i walked around through the old monastary and graveyard which was built hundreds of years ago. After that i walked down to the upper lake and saw some great views and took a bunch of pictures. We met back at the bus around 1:30. our next stop was wicklow mountains national park where it breifly poured rain before stopping quickly. the national park was really nice and we got to see loch tay which was nice as well. Slowly, we made our way back to dublin where i got off a few stops early and walked around some places like grafton street, st. stephen's green, fitzwilliam square, and merrion square. I took a bunch of more pictures of all those places, then made it back to my hostel where i took a shower. The plan now is to hopefully go out and get some dinner soon, and try to call it a night before my 10 day ireland tour begins early tomorrow. c ya!


view of the ocean from a harbor in dalkey



me and a lake in glendalough



old monastery and graveyard in glendalough



wicklow mountains national park



loch tay in the wicklow mountains



grafton street



st. stephen's green



fitzwilliam square

3 comments:

  1. So you jsut finished day 18. How are your legs holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. my legs are probably so in shape that i could walk a marathon (notice i said walk...not run)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if that I haven't commenting much, busy week with the classes. But I have been reading each day. If you want to return, you should come back with us in 2012

    ReplyDelete