Friday, July 10, 2009

day 16

Day 16. I woke up on the final day of my 5 days Wales tour around 7:15am and had some coffee in our Mexican hostel in Carmarthen before heading out to Caerphilly. Once we arrived in Caerphilly we headed straight for the Norman castle. It was a pretty cool castle since it was surrounded by a moat. We went inside and walked around for a while taking all sorts of pictures, and then afterwards I bought a sandwich for lunch. We boarded the bus and made way towards our final stop in Wales – Caerleon. This was one of the 3 main Roman cities to go along with York and Chester. We walked around for a while and saw the remains of the Roman amphitheatre along with the Roman baths – which were very similar to the ones in Bath except that the water wasn’t heated naturally. Then about 2 hours later we arrived back in London where our group departed. Overall, I was very satisfied with this tour. The best part was definitely meeting people (there were 17 people from Australia, 2 from the USA, and 1 from Sweden) and being able to talk to the same people for more than one day at a time. Plus the guide was really funny and entertaining (probably because his name was Adam). Once i arrived back i relaxed for a bit beofre heading out the Leicester square to have a final dinner with some of the people from my wales tour. So now I am back at the astor Victoria hostel in London once again where I hope to get to sleep soon since I have a very early plane to catch tomorrow morning to Dublin. Goodnight!


caerphilly castle



caerphilly castle again



the roman amphitheater in caerleon



me and a replica roman helmet

2 comments:

  1. So crazy story! I was watching TV the other day, and it was this cold case show. Anyways, there were these two dogs looking for a dead body and guess what their names were!?!?!

    Molly and Cleo. Crazy huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trip is only for the "young"! Now, I don't consider myself "over the hill" or "past my prime", but OMG I would be "6 feet under" by now. Hang in there and get some rest, somehow...this is your mom talking :) Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete