Sunday, July 19, 2009

day 24!

Alright sooo…the day began with me waking up after a really good sleep at our hostel in Galway. Once I woke up I headed to new big coach where we met up with the southern Ireland tour group. Once we left we made a quick stop for snacks and bathroom before continuing on to a small castle overlooking Galway Bay where we made a quick photo stop. From there we went a bit further along the coast until we got to the Burren Landscape. Burren means rugged in the Irish Gaelic language, and it was basically a formation of strange, jagged rocks along the coast which used to be the bottom of the ocean millions of years ago. It was pretty neat – we walked around it for about a half hour before getting back on the bus. About 45 minutes later we stopped for lunch in the small town of Doolin where I got a chicken salad sandwich at a small restaurant. After that we made our way to the most anticipated stop of the day – The Cliffs of Moher. Even though it was a bit cloudy, the 800 ft. cliffs still looked amazing. We spend about an hour walking around them and getting a bunch of photos. Afterwards we boarded the coach and drove for about 3 hours to the small town of Anascaul where we are going to stay the night. I just took a shower, and now we are getting ready to head out into the small village and see what there is to do.


castle and galway bay



the burren and me



burren



me and the Burren landscape



the cliffs of moher



me and the cliffs



our hostel in anascaul

No comments:

Post a Comment