Wednesday, July 22, 2009

day 28

last day in ireland!! man it went really fast. today was a pretty nice and easy day so that was nice. our first stop was just a quick stop in Tipperary (i know there is a song about it, and I am sure a specific person reading this will want to sing the song to me, but I think I will pass haha). after tipperary we stopped at Kilkenny for lunch and walked around a bit. For lunch i just went to a local fast food place and got a burger that was decent. After kilkenny we drove on back to Dublin and drove through Phoenix park for a bit and saw the irish version of the white house (its real name is some crazy weird name that i forgot). from there we made our final stop at the guinness storehouse which was really fun. they had all these exhibits telling you how they make the beer, and its history. once you reach the top of the building they give you a free pint of guinness in a pub that overlooks the entire city of dublin. once we left there we got dropped off back at paddys palace hostel in dublin which is where i am now waiting for the shuttle which will take me to the airport and onwards to edinburgh, scotland!

UPDATE!!! - my flight landed safely in edinburgh around 9:40pm. i hopped on the shuttle bus just as planned and made it to my hostel right in the middle of edinburgh, and called it a night!


kilkenny



old guinness bottles



me and a non-alcoholic guinness.....not



view of dublin from the pub on top of the guinness storehouse



weird room



the guinness storehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment